Ten basic work activities to teach basic work skills from reach and
grasp to attending over time. Specific basic skills are introduced,
but even more important (and easier to generalize) are basic work
• Attend to what's in front of you.
• Understand you can do something with the materials.
• Know there is a specific thing you are to do with the materials.
• Do the sort, assembly or packaging according to instruction.
• Ask for help when you need it.
• Work steadily.
• Don't bother other workers.
• Keep working even if it's "boring."
Each task is broken down into small steps, so nearly everyone can
start with success! Ten basic work activities use recognizable
Each task includes all work material, bins and boxes. Also included
are step-by-step instructions, data collection reports plus, for
assembly and packaging tasks, competitive norms and disassembly
instructions with norms.
Each of 10 Contents available separately:
• Basic Size Sort
A basic sort of dowels by length and easier color-coded variation
• Brush and Comb Sort and Assembly
A basic sorting task with clear tactile variation
• Color Match Collating
Learn color matching, sequencing and inserting
• Colorful Nut and Bolt Assembly
Learn shape matching and turning & inserting skills
• Comb Set Assembly
Our most basic 2 piece assembly task
• Cue Variable
A variable task, sorting of 2 - 36 types of pieces,
watching for size, color, & shape
• Highlight Pen Packaging
Follow a color-coded pattern to package highlighters
• Plastic Pipe Assembly
A simple two, three or five piece assembly task that requires little strength
• Spoon Sort
A basic size and material task using familiar everyday items
• Toothbrush Tube Assembly
A simple match and insert task using familiar products