Developed by Janie Haugen-McLane, It's Up to Me is a
self-monitoring system that encourages individuals to closely
examine their own behavior and change negative behaviors to positive
behaviors. The complete system includes a Teacher's Binder with
reproducible forms and activity sheets and 6 3-ring
This unique program challenges individuals to improve their behavior
at home, work, school, in the community, and at mealtime.
Individuals take responsibility for charting their own behavior on a
daily basis in their own motivational behavior notebooks. 6
different motivational notebook covers are included in this program.
Instructors can also monitor individual progress to ensure accuracy.
Charting is made easy with visual cues. Individuals with little or
no reading skills can easily monitor their own behavior with this
easy-to-use, self-monitoring system. The Teacher's Binder includes
150 objectives that cover a person's entire day from getting out of
bed in the morning and preparing for school or work to dinner and
• School and Work
• I will act nice to my roommate this morning.
• I will do my chores today.
• I will talk in a nice way to my teacher or supervisor today.
• I will follow all the rules at ______ today.
• I will act nice to people in my neighborhood today.
• I will NOT leave my group to go with a stranger today.
• I will make my breakfast today.
• I will take my dishes to the kitchen after I eat ______ today.
• I will NOT argue with people today.
• I will act nice when I ride in a car, van, or bus today.
It's Up to Me is an excellent communication resource that links
teachers, professional and direct care staff, parents, and the
participants. The system's steps provide consistency for changing
behavior patterns by allowing the individual to choose whether to
behave in an acceptable or unacceptable manner.
It's Up to Me Teacher's Binder features all the materials you need
to implement the program. It includes a four-step, easy-to-follow
process with detailed instructions:
1. Participant completes "My Behavior" Worksheet
2. An Interdisciplinary Team Meeting is held
3. Staff explains It's Up to Me plan to participant
4. Staff monitors program on a regular basis
Individuals can monitor behavior using symbols to denote feelings
and success/failure of achieving objectives on a daily basis. Five
"feelings faces" (Happy, O.K., Tired, Mad, and Sad) provide
individuals with symbols to denote their feelings that day. The
"check mark" and "x mark" provide individuals with a marking tool to
denote success or failure of achieving each objective on a daily
Monitoring worksheets contain the objective, brief instructions for
completing the worksheet, notes to individual, and a blank calendar.
Individuals use these worksheets to monitor behavior on a daily
basis. This highly visual worksheets promote consistency in behavior
modification. Blackline master forms are included for continual
This self-monitoring behavior program is a must-have for educators
working with individuals of all ages who need behavior modification.
The program is easy-to-use and promotes individual responsibility. A
set of six additional binders is also available and sold separately.
Product Type: Binder
Teacher's Guide: Yes
Components: Blackline Masters, 6 Participant 3-ring binders
• Connecting with Others Grades 6-8, PC-RPS1600
• Connecting with Others Grades 9-12, PC-RPS1601
• Getting Along with People, PC-509
• Read World Social Skills Curriculum, PC-1858
• Social Star Program, PC-THK1008
• Social Story Readers, AC-SSR-01
• Taking Charge of Your Behavior Curriculum, PC-2112