Create or play pre-recorded talking, animated stories to encourage emerging literacy in reluctant readers
- Players: play stories and take quizzes. Students can type
or record their answers to quiz questions. These are saved for Teacher review.
- Writers: create and play stories.
- Teachers: create, edit and assign stories and write quizzes to test reading comprehension.
To create a story:
- Select a background: Drag on images— size and position them so they’re just right.
- Add text, record speech and voila! You’ve got a story!
- You can also animate the images with sound effects.
- Create up to a 40-page book.
StoryTown is an updated version of Imagination Express: Neighborhood program originally published by Edmark
- Sample books
that are ready to play and enjoy:
- Tassio’s Journal
is a chapter book about a young man’s daily struggles and accomplishments.
- Short Books
focus on language concepts like comparatives, functional vocabulary and prepositions.
- A comprehensive Teacher’s Guide
helps you get the most out of the program.
- Print books
for off-computer activities.
only CD (98 or later).