Grades: K-6. Switch Accessibile. Smart Board compatible
a series of interactive Tickles through which students with autism
and other learning disabilities are encouraged to use technology.
Students can develop mouse, keyboard, whiteboard, switch, and screen
skills while being encouraged to communicate, use fine motor skills
and work together. The software also works well within mainstream
early years settings enabling very young children to interact and
learn to communicate as individuals and within small groups. Version
2 improves on installation, interface, creation of bespoke user
interfaces, access to teacher and student resources and has been
switch enabled to further increase accessibility.
- Use with an interactive whiteboard, any desktop or laptop computer,
mouse, keyboard, microphone, or other adaptive device.
- The design of ReacTickles maximizes on the physical rather than the
cognitive aspects of computation, which are developmentally
appropriate for most autistic children.
- NEW The ReacTickles interface can be preset to accommodate the
unique sensory needs of each pupil and these settings can now be
saved to a unique user profile.
- The ReacTickles Creativity Box resources are structured to provide
an easy to use, flexible guide to integrating the software into the
curriculum in a manner that is rewarding and fun.
- NEW The ReacTickles Creativity Box teacher and student resources can
now be accessed directly from within the application.
- NEW Fully switch enabled.
- The playful ReacTickles focus on improvisational activities rather
than a set of predetermined routines that lead to a preset goal.
Confidence is gained through the opportunity to repeat actions, with
each exploration offering a new and unique visual or auditory
- Inspired by real world objects that children love to manipulate,
Slinkies, lava lamps, spinning tops and coins, the ReacTickles
environment offers a safe place to experience dynamic interaction
where players freely explore abstract shapes and create rhythmic
responses with their fingers and bodies without judgement or fear.
- ReacTickles are highly motivating and have been shown to help
children develop concentration and attention skills, as well as
encourage sharing and imaginative play.