Real-World Social Skills Curriculum
Real-World Social Skills, by Pat Crissey, covers everyday social
situations and issues that students encounter in school and at home.
This 250-page curriculum includes lessons, interactive group and
partner activities, role-plays, and reproducible activity sheets
that help students learn positive behaviors. Can be used for small
or large groups.
Each unit focuses on a different social skill and includes a variety
of suggested activities and reproducible sheets. Units can be taught
in any order.
• Basic Social Skills
• Understanding Feelings and Unwritten Rules
• Accepting Differences
• Dealing With Bullies
• Conflict Resolution
Each unit begins with an illustrated mini poster that reinforces the
featured social skill. An overview of the unit follows and includes
lists of suggested children's books and other resources that address
the social skill. Activities include discussion starters and
interactive simulations of real-world situations. Reproducible
sheets reinforce these activities.
Lesson plans for 12 social skills, mini posters,
cross-curricular activities, reproducible visuals and activity
pages, parent letters, lists of suggested adaptations for each unit,
progress chart, and correlation chart.
• Connecting with Others Grades 6-8, PC-RPS1600
• Connecting with Others Grades 9-12, PC-RPS1601
• Getting Along with People, PC-1509
• It's Up to Me Complete Program, PC-1202
• Social Skill Builders
• Social Star Program Book 3, PC-THK702
• Social Story Readers, AC-SSR-01
• Taking Charge of Your Behavior Curriculum, PC-2112
• Teaching Social Competence, PC-PRO810